Friday, April 4, 2014

Ducks and Swimming

There is a pond with ducks by the pool where the boys have been doing swimming lessons.
Lily has tried catching the ducks on multiple occasions.
Wednesday night I remembered to grab the old hot dog buns and we fed the ducks.
 Lily chased the ducks thinking she could have them eat out of her hand. 
Arabella and I finally convinced her that the way to feed them was by throwing the bread into the water.
She had a pretty good throw.  These ducks must not have been very hungry because they did not really swarm to the food as I have seen with other ducks. 

 My favorite moment was when she was running so fast her shorts - that are new and a bit big slid down past her bum and she kept on running! Such a funny girl!
 Arabella was a trooper. She sprained her ankle on Tuesday on the trampoline but she was able to hop along and keep up with Lily for the most part. 
 This picture of the ducks is for Arabella who wanted one because they were so pretty. 
 Inside the pool Joey (below to the Right and Jon above) were swimming. Jon does a lot of playing and often splashing.  Joey was moved to a different class on this day and worked really hard on his strokes.  I am proud of they work they are putting in. I can see them getting better. I do not expect them to be star swimmers but I do want them to be able to pass the Scout swim test. 
I must say that the humidity and smell in the pool fills me with a rush of memories every time. Also, there are swim teams practicing while we are there and the "ready go (pause) ready go (pause)..." is so familiar. I am really excited that our pass to the Activity Center includes lap swimming. I want to lose myself in the monotony of swim down flipping swimming back over and over. There is nobody by your own mind and for me it was so therapeutic many years ago.  I am hoping I will find that same sense of peace in the water again.

No comments: