Friday, March 28, 2014

Today

Peter comes home today and the whole house is a buzz with excitement!
He has been missed greatly!
This little girl is really in need of her dad. I am pretty sure she can sense that her world is about to be turned upside down and having dad gone for over a week has not helped one bit.  Her routine has been totally thrown off. She used to nap almost everyday and now I pray that she will nap for just a few minutes each day and preferably not at 6:00 pm as I am putting dinner on the table.  
She has also spent more nights sleeping in my room than her own bed.  Last night she at least slept in the chair in our room rather than our bed. Her sleeping in our bed has led to me catching her cold- not fun to cough at 36+ weeks pregnant. Also bedtime has been rough! She does not want to go to bed and her usual jibber-jabbering with Arabella to fall asleep has not been enough.  She will sneak out a million times and just when I think she has finally fallen asleep she shows up again. Saturday night, I finally told her to just lay on the couch and go to sleep. There were 3 blankets on the couch or floor but somehow she felt covering up with the dish towels was a better way to sleep.
 And yes, she always sleeps with her hands behind her head, it is so silly.
The last 10 days have been hard on all of us, Peter too. And when he leaves again Wednesday for another week it will likely be hard again. But, I have learned that I can do hard things. This is something we talk about trying to teach our children.  It is often so easy to do things for them or to not stick to our guns when we have asked them to do something or they are enduring a consequence of their actions/choices.  I want my kids to be strong and capable and confident in being able to tackle things that seem far beyond their ability.  This past week I have learned that I can do more than I thought I could. I have also learned that friends and ward members are gift beyond measure. 
Alright, I still have a million things to do today and another doctor's appointment which I pray will be shorter than my last few, so off I go to tackle the day.
7:30 can not get here fast enough!!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

So excited to meet (at least through the web) your new girl! I send my sympathy being without Peter for now. I don't know how people do it. I'm pretty sure I'd end up in a mental hospital. :) Oh, and thank you for your kind words on my blog. You are MY inspiration. You'll do just fine with five. If I can do it, anyone can. ;) Love you, girl!

Wendy said...

Also, I wanted to add that our Lu has been a night-time terror as well. We finally had to move the boy into the baby's room so we could lock Lu in. Surprisingly, I think she likes it and when she finds the door is locked, she'll go climb back in bed and go to sleep. She usually comes into our room in the night too (we do unlock her door after she's fallen asleep), and my dear hubby will take her back to bed, which she's usually happy with. Our babies will sleep someday (and so will we), right? :)