Thursday, March 27, 2014

March Madness

At the beginning of March, I made Peter a King Cake in honor of Mardi Gras.
 I do believe it is the best one I have made. 
 We also had the annual water bottle rocket launch for scouts. 
 Everyone was in on the action except Lily who slept in my arms through most of it.  
In other news, Peter's company got a huge job at the end of Spring Break. 
That is exciting news! The not so exciting part is that he left town on March 18th and does not get back until this Friday (28th) and then he leaves town again on the 2nd and returns on the night of the 8th.  He is down in Brownsville, which is right on the Mexico/Texas border.  He says his spanish is getting much better the longer he is down there.  It has been a long week so far but we have survived.  I am a bit sad that a few of the projects I wanted to get done before Samantha arrives will not be getting done due to his absence, but what can we do.  The kids have been troopers.  Lily does not really believe me when I say that daddy is at work.  She has also slept in our bed every night but one since he has been gone which does not seem like a good thing with baby almost here. Jon and I have had a few trying moments but for the most part I have kept my cool and made the most of the situation. 
Our second guinea pig died while Peter has been away. Rusty had not been doing well and I believe finally starved himself to death.  He would not eat or drink.  The kids handled it well and even helped dig the hole to bury him.  Peter should have to be here when the next pet dies, oh wait all we have left is a gold fish and I am pretty sure that I am up for flushing that when the time comes.  
Samantha is cooperating but I have had 2 appointments recently that have taken me over two hours to get to, be seen, and get home. That is not so fun! I am officially scheduled to go to the hospital on April 11th at 5:00 pm where I will spend the night and be induced the next morning. 
It seems a bit surreal. 

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Yeah for a date!!!! So exciting - such troopers we are with those traveling husbands!