Friday, March 21, 2014

35 Years Young and Old

 So, Peter left town on Tuesday night and won't return until the 28th so we celebrated my birthday on the 16th.  Peter and the kids made me breakfast (famous pancakes and syrup) and a yummy cake.  I had planned a St Patrick's day dinner for the 17th so we made that up on Sunday so that Peter could enjoy it with us (because he was originally going to leave for his long trip on Monday night).
 I really appreciated Peter making the effort to do something special for my birthday 
 My birthday morning started with birthday wishes from my kids and the usual daily routine. 
I was sang to by Arabella's preschool class and Lily's dance class. 
A package arrived from my parents that morning and I let the kids help me unwrap the gifts that afternoon. 




(Me, in all my pregnant glory!) 
I felt spoiled by my family and my kids really were super that day. I would have loved more than an hour of nap time before my shift at work but hearing the girls laugh and play together right outside my door was pretty sweet too. Jon had decided that he wanted to get me a new character for one of our Wii games (which really meant I bought it for me but the kids did help me pick it out).
I really debated about what to do for dinner. I did not feel like cooking and with Peter gone and a babysitter coming for the night I did not want to make a big mess in the kitchen. In the end, I decided it was my birthday and we were going out to eat. We went to Raising Cane's. I love their lemonade and the special dipping sauce for their chicken fingers. The kids behaved really well at the restaurant and ate without complaint. I had to work but that is okay too. It was a busy night and so that made time go by quickly.
I am thankful for the phone calls, texts, and facebook messages from so many people. I felt loved!
I feel I should share something interesting about myself so here it goes:
1. When I was pregnant with Joey I heard his heartbeat for the first time on my birthday.
2. I told Peter I wanted new drip pans for my stovetop for my birthday- I am hard to shop for aren't I.
3. I like to convince Peter that we should go on family adventures that may seem a bit crazy- I am working on one right now but it is a bit early to do much planning for it since it would not happen until the end of the year. He is a good sport and plays along.
4. I love to fall asleep in a hot bath after I have worked all night long. I only sleep for about 15 minutes but it is wonderful! The water then starts to cool down and I usually need to get moving to get Arabella to preschool but it is a simple pleasure that I indulge in at least every other week.
5. I am 95% positive I will get my master's degree one day. 

No comments: