Friday, May 17, 2013

Promise

A perfect way to end the day!
The boys window was open and there was so much light coming from it as we were doing our scriptures, journal and prayer tonight. 
Joey prayed for President Monson and his family that they would find peace.  He also asked that when Jesus comes again that his wife would be resurrected so they could be together again.
Then as I was putting the girls into bed I sang We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet to them.  
Then I went in the boys room and saw this out their window-a beautiful and bright rainbow (my camera does not do it justice).
 I quickly got the girls back out of bad to enjoy the sight as well.
I then asked if the kids knew what a rainbow meant?
Two of them said gold.
 I said No and asked them if they knew why Noah saw a rainbow and Joey said that it was to mark the end of the storm.  I said yes and God was promising to never flood the earth again. 
My heart is full as I reflect on the teaching moments I have had with my children tonight. 
God blessed with prophets long ago and again now in the latter day.
God's promises are sure, then and now.
God has blessed us with eternal families through marriage in the temples.
God gave us a Savior, Jesus Christ, and through his Atonement and resurrection we can be together forever and repent of our sins (the teaching moment that came from questions about our scripture study tonight).
My heart aches for President Monson and his family as they morn the loss of sweet Sister Monson.  
But my heart is so very full too.  When I told my children about it and that we should pray for them they knew immediately that it was okay because of temples, eternal families, and the resurrection. 
There is so much peace and truth in this glorious gospel, it makes my heart rejoice! 

No comments: