Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Break 2013 Part 1

A few months ago, as I was doing my work schedule I decided I was not going to work in the middle of the week during Spring Break (I worked Sunday night). This meant I would have a whole week to do things with my kids.
Well, I started brainstorming and remembered last Spring Break when we went to Tyler and it was packed because the whole state of Texas has Spring Break at the same time. So, I convinced Peter it would be more fun to leave the state and do something.  I chose Atlanta since Peter's sister Lindsay and her family (Brady, Ryker and Grayson) will be moving from there this Summer after finishing school.  It was a great choice.
I drove with the kids and Peter flew out on Friday morning to play and then drive home with us on Sunday.
Tuesday we left early in the morning and drove 3 hours to Shreveport, LA for some breakfast and a pit stop. Then we drove 3 more hours to Jackson, MS where we stopped and had a picnic at the zoo. We had fun seeing the animals and stretching our legs. We then drove 3 more hours to Tuscaloosa, AL where we stayed the night.
Here are the pictures of our time in the Jackson Zoo. It is small but had some fun animals and the time out of the car was prefect!


The castle was in the alligator exhibit but I thought I read on a sign that it used to be a monkey exhibit. 
The strange animal in the middle on the left is a tapir. The giraffe earned a picture because it was licking the fence and drooling all over the place. 
The kids did fabulous in the car and were really helpful in keeping Lily happy although she slept quite a bit (huge blessing!).

No comments: