Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Me

I am going to attempt what I have meant to attempt for more than one birthday, I am going to share 34 things about me.  I would like to think that they may not be known but I am a pretty open person and tend to talk a  lot so there are not too many mysteries about me.
1. I enjoy giving talks or teaching lessons.
2. My favorite church calling was primary music leader- you get to be silly and play games and that is what is expected of you. And you don't have to sing well.
3. When I look back to what I thought my life would be, I thought I would be more and yet I am totally content with where I am.
4. Related to 3- I still feel the pull sometimes of doing more and becoming more primarily where my career is concerned. But that is not what my purpose is.  I know that if I were to follow that path I would not feel the peace I feel now with fulfilling my most important roles of wife and mother. The world looks tempting sometimes.
5. Again related to 3 and 4- I love business attire. 
6. If I ever win a shopping spree, I am going to spend at least half of it on shoes.
7. In college I swore I would never be a school nurse but I have considered it now.  No weekends, holidays, summers, or nights- sounds pretty good.
8. I don't like scary movies. I will watch them with Peter but these are usually the movies or TV shows he watches when I am at work.
9. I love my mom's grape juice. It is like nectar of the Gods to me.
10. I love Twix.
11. In high school, I collected Laffy Taffy jokes. My favorite: What were Tarzan's last words?
Who greased the vine? (You are laughing, I know it.)
12. I had a near death experience once. My patriarchal blessing tells me that I will live to fulfill my purpose on earth.  I find peace in knowing that as long as I am striving to do what the Lord wants me to do then whenever my time comes, it will be the right time because it will be His time.
13. I want to run a half marathon again someday.
14. I would also like to try a triathlon someday.
15.The first time I ate avocado I thought they were gross. I love them now.
16. I love Junior Mints, too.
17. Sometimes, I am drawn to the piano and play for a bit. It helps center me or brings a peace that I can not get anywhere else. It is like I am reconnecting with a talent the Lord blessed me with and he does not want me to forget.
18. I can go from calm to crazy frustrated with my kids sometimes in a matter of minutes. I hate when I do it and end up hating myself for days after. I am better than I used to be but not as good at controlling it as I want to be.
19. My guilty TV show that I enjoy watching is The Good Wife. 
20. I had to take a sewing class in high school to graduate. Now I really love to sew and create things.
21. I am not crafty but I can copy other people's ideas-kind of. My sisters are crafty!
22. I love the color blue.
23. This is not too much of a secret but I often wish I lived near my family so that I could go to more of the events in their lives and celebrate birthdays and holidays.
24. On the flip side, I love living outside of Utah. I love that I get to tell people about the church and what being Mormon is all about.
25. I had never actually given a friend, co-worker, neighbor, or acquaintance a Book of Mormon before I moved to Texas. Now I have given away 5 (I believe). It is a start.
26. I hate to dust.
27. I am horrible about cleaning the bathroom floor. I will clean everything else in the bathroom and not do the floor.
28. I wish I were a more giving/serving person.
29. I am not very good at Family History but I can testify and teach about the spirit of Elijah.
30. I consoled myself after taking my CEN test by eating at Cane's. Fried chicken fingers with a special dipping sauce. It was soooo good!
31. My soap box is immunizations. Get them. The church is not against them. We will leave it at that.
32. I am the new primary president in my ward. I have never been in the primary presidency before. It feels like a good fit for this stage of my life.
33. I received a serger for my birthday. Now to learn to use it. :)
34. I am thankful every day for the events that led Peter to giving me a second chance which led to us getting married. He is the best part of me!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Shell, Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fantastic day! I love you forever, girl.

Lindsey said...

Hey hey hey - I learned a few things! Congrats on the new calling - you will be great and have so much fun!