Sunday, February 24, 2013

Wednesday Night

I took a moment to capture the buzz of life last Wednesday night.
I was hurrying to get the house cleaned up because all of the Young Men were coming over that night.  I also needed to get dinner done- leftovers I love you but you also mean several containers will be emptied and need to be cleaned and the still remaining leftovers put away. 
 Lily was doing her part to swiffer the entry- I had done the kitchen, Arabella wanted to do the laundry room and so Lily did not want to be left out. I must say that I should try mopping in too big rain boots and see if it spices things up some because Lily was really happy!
 Joey was busy getting his practicing in. He is getting quite good and needs only occasional reminders to practice. 
 Jon would cut and create with paper and markers and crayons for hours and so he was supposed to be cleaning up the office and in the process made a few things. 
Arabella received a box of 64 crayons for Christmas and has had so much fun using them and taking them all out and putting them back in. I believe that this time she had been using them and Lily emptied them out but Arabella was a trooper and helped to clean them up. 

I am so thankful for my sweet children.  They each have their moments where they make me want to pull my hair out but they teach me so much each day. I am thankful for their forgiving hearts-they love me even after I get mad at them- this almost makes it worse because then I hate myself more for losing my patience with them.  The longer I am a mother and the more time I spend with my children the more I come to understand why we need to become like little children.  They love without questioning or without bias, they have a deep desire to do what will make others happy and they see the world with wonder and awe.  As adults we so often are quick to judge or turn away from people, the world tells us to do what makes us happy and not to worry about who gets hurt along the way, and we can easily be consumed by all that is wrong, scary, dangerous, or evil in this world. 

I am thankful each day that my Heavenly Father gave me the chance to be a parent so that I could learn better what it means to become like a little child and overall want to be a better person for my children.

No comments: