Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Delicious Daddy Dinner

Sirloin steak was on sale and we took advantage. 
Since I worked on Saturday night, I took a nap after church and so Peter was left to figure out dinner. I told him we were having steak and I suggested the sweet potato patties (thank you Family Fun magazine and Bountiful  Baskets). And yes, I have not taken off my Valentine table cloth yet, it is still February the month of love!

We feasted  upon clockwise from the top: sweet potato patties with an orange yogurt dipping sauce; loaded mashed potatoes (made with bacon, cheese, whipping cream, butter, salt, onion and garlic caramelized in the bacon drippings- which were added as well for more BACON flavor); rainbow carrots with brown sugar, salt and pepper cut bumpy for Arabella; grilled sirloin steak that was seasoned the night before with a grilled red onion for the adults.  To make the meal complete we paired this with an excellent 2011 Bird Vineyard grape juice. Peter did it all; I mixed the grape juice and finished cooking the sweet potato patties but otherwise he was the chef and I am sorry you were not all here to enjoy it!

Lily had been in her dress which she got yogurt on so it was taken off and a bib was put on.  She liked that for about 30 seconds before she was trying to get it off.  When she was unable to get it over her head she somehow managed to get it down around her chest.  What a girl!

No comments: