Thursday, December 15, 2011

Jon is 6!

It is Jon's Birthday- finally! 
He likes to start talking about his next birthday the day after his birthday! 
We love our Jonny! He always has something funny up his sleeve.
Jon has done a lot of growing this year and learning and we could not be more proud.  
Jon is helping me to be a better mom by presenting me with the chance to learn new parenting skills. 
 Jon still loves dinosaurs and so this is his cake. I was going to decorate it and when I woke up yesterday Peter was nearly half done.  Jon loves it!
 Jon loves to play on the I touch.  He loves Angry Birds, Cut the Rope and Where's my Water? as well as watching Netflix on it.  If you are stuck on an Angry Birds level just ask Jon, he'll tell you how to beat it. 
 Present time this morning: Sonic is another favorite of Jon- he wore this shirt today.
 Thank you Bird Grandparents for UNO Attack- he was really excited to see it.  Shooting cards at people is right up Jon's alley.
 Jon has wanted the Nerf disc shooting gun.  I decided to get him two because then whoever he is shooting at can defend themselves.  Peter reminded Jon that since he has 2 hands he could shoot both at the same time.  Thanks Dad! 
I will have to post pictures later of the birthday dinner - shrimp and ravioli- every 6 year olds wish, right?! It will be delicious.  Jon chose to forgo a party now so that we could do something special over Christmas Break with his cousin Sadie.  Peter and I have another surprise in store for him as well. 
We love you Jon and hope you have a fun filled day!

                                                                                                                                                                   
In other belated news, Lily is 4 months old.  I really can not believe she is growing so fast. 
 I know those eyes just melt your heart- right?!
 She is really getting strong as you can tell in this picture.  She rarely just lies back- she is always trying to lift her head up and can kind of sit up with help.
 Jon still loves that she looks like him.
 Loving family!
 I forgot to get a picture at 3 months but here it is again.  You can also see some of the chunka on her legs- I love it.  
At her 4 month check she was 14 lbs 4.5oz and 24 1/4 inches long.  Growing beautifully!

                                                                                                                                                                  
I wanted to share these pictures Arabella took of her baby!


She is such a good little mom to her Baby Alive doll. She is a girly-girl 100%.
(Final nativity posts will be coming.)

No comments: