Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring Break in Utah and 32

We spent Spring Break in Utah and it was fabulous!
We flew out on Thursday night and the kids did fairly well for the flight. Arabella hated her seatbelt which made for a long taxing and take off. Gratefully all 3 kids fell asleep during the final approach and landing.
We did not know what weather to expect but it was beautiful and sunny the first few days we were there. My sisters Carla and Jana came over with their kids on Friday and the playing began. I think most of the sand ended up outside of the sandbox before the day was done.
My parents got a hot tub; something my dad has wanted for years. My sister Malisa and her husband were out of town and so her kids were at my parents for the weekend. It was so much fun to talk and visit with them. They are getting too big!
I love the picture below. First it is really cute of Peter and Arabella but Josh is looking good in the background.
We spent Saturday with Peter's family.
Arabella walking the baby dolls with grandma.
We went to the Bean Museum at BYU and the kids loved it. They have made some great improvements. The Butterfly above is made of butterflies and moths.
Jon and Arabella beign predators.
Joey was quite nervous about this picture but he did it so it would look like the shark was eating his head.
Grandma, Arabella, the doll Arabella insisted on bringing and the Elephant.
After the Bean Museum, we headed to the creamery for ice cream and mint brownies, double yummmmm!!!

Saturday night we headed to the bowling alley. So much fun!
Look at that form!
Don't let this face deceive you- he beat us all quite nicely!
Joey did pretty well- thank heavens for bumpers.
A few of Jon's balls went a little bit slow down the lane.
Arabella and I shared and she thought she was the best!
Arabella had some of the best bead head I have ever seen while we were there. Nice?!

We spent Sunday with my family and then Monday we went to Nickelcade (Nickel City now). This is Jon with his noisy bug buzzer/whistle thing. We had a great time playing games and winning tickets. Joey used some of his tickets to get me a plastic dolphin- he is alway

(L to R: Me and Arabella, Heather, Ray holding Hana, Lora Jean holding Elizabeth, and Wendy)
Tuesday afternoon we went to Salt Lake to have lunch with 4 of my room mates from BYU. It was so much fun to see how big everyone's kids have gotten and meet some new ones. These girls are so amazing. They will always be my dearest friends (we missed you Paula!).
We played at the park on Thursday and it was great fun!

We played hide and go seek and I managed to get pine sap in my hair- yuck!
Grandma Rabner gave Arabella this beautiful skirt and a fairy wand that she called her wings. She had a petty skirt once before and screamed anytime it came near her so we exchanged it for a lovely dress. She is now all about the ruffles and pink.
Friday night we spent in Salt Lake. We went to the Church History Museum which had some great displays that are new. The kids area was so much fun. See the video below.
We also went to Temple Square and visited the Cristus statue. I love the spirit there.
Saturday was my birthday. We ate breakfast at Magleby's Fresh and then spent the day with my family. We saw the movie Tangled for th first time and it was so good. We had family pictures - because we were all there. The girls above are sporting the colors we wore. I am excited to see how they turned out.
We ended the evening with a family meal at my parents house and cake for all of the March Birthdays- me, Randy, and Parker.
Our visit was so much fun. I wish we did not live so far away but I am grateful that we have been able to make a few visits so far. We know our next visit will not be until at least next year with the baby coming and all. But, we have family coming here in October for Joey's Baptism so we will look forward to that.
And yes, Peter made me his divine German Chocolate Cake again- sooooo goooood!

4 comments:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

what a fun trip. so are ya'll going to bless the new baby the same weekend of Joey's baptism?

Kelsey Booth said...

Looks like such a fun trip. I love family time!

Megan said...

such a great loooking trip! wish we could have been there. miss you.

Jennie said...

This makes me think a trip across the country with five little kids might be worth it...