Sunday, January 2, 2011

Tender Moment

Today after church Peter and I had both been delayed due to different people needing to talk to us. So, by the time we were heading to the car the kids were done. Jon had disappeared again so Peter went to find him and asked Joey to take Arabella's hand and walk to the car. As I walked out of the building, I could see Joey and Arabella hand in hand which was sweet enough but then, I hear Joey say this, "Arabella sing after me ABCD (pause for Arabella to try) EFG (another pause) HIJ ..." You get the idea. She really was trying and he was so kindly trying to teach her. It has to be one of the most rewarding moments of motherhood I have experienced-seeing my oldest child striving to teach his little sister without being asked. May the picture of it always live in my heart.

3 comments:

Kelsey Booth said...

Oh that is so sweet!

Cristi L. said...

That's precious! You're such a good mom to record things like that!

Megan said...

just caught up on your blog. what a busy month and so exciting!christmas looked great and so much fun. the abc story of joey and arabella is too precious. the ice show looked amazing. impressive. we need to skype! when is a good time? how is working 1 shift a week? hope you are all well! loves!!!!