Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Christmas

Christmas Eve we were lucky enough to have 2 extra guests for dinners- the new Spanish elders for our ward. They enjoyed pizza and tamales with us. We as a family watched a movie together, made a gingerbread house (thanks Tammy), read the Nativity, opened new pajamas, left out cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer and off to bed. Peter and I did some final wrapping and putting out of presents while watching a movie together and enjoying a fire! It was a great night!
The next morning the kids were thrilled to find Santa came to our house!
The blur would be me and Arabella and 2 anxious boys at the tope of the stairs.
The Santa fun! I was glad to discover that many toys are now secured with a paper like twine instead of those horrible wires. If you look behind me you can see our new TV and shelving units to replace our old entertainment center. (We also moved the piano where the old TV was and turned a couch to seperate the living room from the kitchen.

Jon has loved these swords or light sabers as he calls them.

Joey had a great time with these transformers and Peter and I not as much fun trying to get the one into a truck! Check out those pjs- ironman!
Joey and Jon gave Arabella her own car!
Breaking into the transformers.
Assembling the hot wheels color changing thing with a skull and a sponge for a brain. Jon kept putting the sponge brain on his head and saying that he had 2 brains blaaaahh!

Arabella's new doll and "neigh" and she and I had a good time playing cooties.
Then we watched some movies and played the day away. We hung the new TV- Peter loves a chance to use tools. We took toys out of packaging (this is not my favorite part of Christmas) and putting batteries in those that needed it. We then had the Spanish Elders over for dinner
(this was planned) for some Chinese food. We decided to break from traditional food. I then had to work Christmas night and it was a good night at work! I hope you all had a great Christmas!

1 comment:

Cristi L. said...

It was sooooo good to see you guys last week! I can't believe I didn't get the camera out and snap a few pictures! It was great to catch up!