Thursday, December 16, 2010

Jonny 5!

My awesome son Jon is 5! We had a full day of various things not birthday related so we tried to make the morning all about Jon. Peter picked up donuts for breakfast and we opened presents. He shared his favorite cheeto cheese balls from Sam's club in the big plastic barrell like thing with his preschool. Then he got to go to Emmerson's house after school to which he replied, "This is the best birthday ever!"
I wish more than anything I would have had a video fo Jon opening this present. It is the Battle Force 5 Combi Mobile. All he could say was oh, oh, oh yeah over and over! He could not get the paper off fast enough. It was hillarious! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Bird!
This would be the "awsome backpack" that he got. He needed a bigger one for his papers from school.
Truly delicious donuts with candles. We will be doing a party and cake on Friday so we did the candles in the donut. Bless Jon, because when asked what he wanted for dinner he wanted the leftovers from the night before- really! I was thrilled, all I had to do was warm up more corn.
Jon keeps our family laughing! He has a lot of energy and loves to run and is getting quite fast. Peter and I find ourselves shaking our heads more over Jon than any of our other children. If Jon does not want to do something he really does seem to consider the consequences which usually involves some questions to one of us and then the determination if the reward is worth the action required. What a character! Jon also did an amazing job at karate and earned two stripes to give him a total of 3 so he can test for his new belt tonight! I love my Jonny and I love all of his little personality traits. I love to watch him sword fight on the Wii (thanks Grandma and Grandpa Rabner) and I love to hear him sing. Our family would not be the same without Jon!

2 comments:

Megan said...

happy birthday little man!

Kelsey Booth said...

Happy birthday Jon! Sounds like a fun day. What a wonderful little guy you have :)