Thursday, December 30, 2010

Coming Soon!

We have not fallen off of the face of the planet. I have so much to post about: my parents and sister Jana with her 3 kiddos visiting (Fort Worth Zoo, Gaylord ICE exhibit), Christmas, and just the genearl happenings of our life.

  • We did have over the English Elders twice and the Spanish elders twice in 8 days to eat dinner with us. They were eating dinner with us on Christmas day when my rice cooker decided 10 years of service was long enough. It is pretty hard to eat chinese food without rice; gratefully I had made some brown rice in a pan and we finished cooking the white rice in a pan it just didn't finish until we were almost done eating. But, today I replaced my rice cooker and even upgrader for a little bit bigger one since our kids are gradually eating larger portions. I figure that if this one lasts 10 years we will be glad for more rice.
  • I had my first meeting with my new presidency and I am so excited for the chance to work with new people. I had a wonderful presidency before but it is fun to have new insights, wisdom and talents to draw upon.
  • I finished a good book tonight "I am Number Four". A very good read; I had not planned on finishing it today. I had a period of time that I could read and then all of a sudden it was the climax and I did not want to put it down.
  • Peter and I finally saw Harry Potter and we really liked it. We had both recently relistened to the book and so of course there were things that we wanted to see that were left out or altered but overall it was great!
  • I am going to one shift a week next week. I more than excited to have the chance to be at home with my family one more night a week; to tuck the kids in bed or give them baths, snuggle with Peter or read a book with him. Silly things but the things that I miss out on when I am at work. On the flip side of my shifts I am so sleepy I don't feel like a very good mommy or wife because I don't usually do anything around the house the day after I have worked.
  • I am looking forward to a new year full of possiblities and experiences. It somehow makes me realize that our Heavenly Father has so much in store for us and he is just waiting for us to get to that point in our lives for Him to share those things with us. I can only hope that 2011 will be as amazing as 2010.

Watch for pictures of some of the above activities to come soon.

No comments: