Thursday, January 20, 2011

No school-fun!

The kids had Friday and Monday off of school. Friday I made them run errands with me and they were actually really pretty good sports about it. Saturday was the pinewood derby so they had a great day that day- see post below. Sunday was a usually church day and I made them drive around some RS stuff at the end of the day - they did not love that so much. So Monday I redeemed myself with a trip to the Fort Worth Museum. I had forgotten that the Stockshow and Rodeo would be going on and if you bought admission to that you got free admission to the museum because they sit on the same property. Parking was double in price and packed as was the museum but it was still fun.
I don't think I have let my kids do this yet because it is usually too busy but this time suprisingly the wait was not too long. You have to try and drive the cattle using the horse- pulling the reins to steer the horse.
It was actually a bit trickier than you might think.

Arabella loved being on a "horse".

The area wher they have their traveling exhibit was set up for a children's art show in conjunction with the stockshow and rodeo. I liked it but the kids did not find it as interesting.
At the end of the day we played with the Keva wood pieces. An employee recent mechanical engineer graduate spent 2 1/2 hours building the above man- impressive.

You can not really see them but the kids are holding paper cup rockets that they launched through and air tube. Arabella's - the simplest- work the best first. After some tweeking we got Joey and Jon's working pretty well too. It was busy so we did not do everything the kids would have liked but it was still a grea way to spend 3 hours. Not to mention they kids watched The Little Mermaid on the way to and from the museum and Jon said "Oh yes! they got married that is so cool!" Oh I love my boys discovering the world of dolls and princesses it is so funny!

1 comment:

Kelsey Booth said...

I love museums :) You are such a great mom to take your kids to do those things! I love that the boys are getting into princess movies - awesome!