Monday, February 8, 2010

Rain, Juice Boxes, and Karate

I am supposed to be cleaning or going to the store but this is what it looks like outside and so I don't really feel like going out. (I suppose I could still clean.) I have decided now is a good time to blog, right?!
View as you trun from my driveway-nice pond, eh?
Check out that mud.
Andy our backyard. It has been raining since yesterday afternoon. We also had about 3 days of rain last week so nothing has really dried out for a while. This is new for me. More rain than I have seen in the last 5 years.

Arabella has discovered the joy of juice boxes. She can wedge her fingers into the pantry door if it is just slightly open and get in. She knows where the juice boxes are so she will get one out and manage to get the straw off and open. I would not be suprised if in the next few weeks she somehow manages to get the straw into the box. As you can see by the look on her face in this picture, she thinks these are the best thing ever and is probably wondering why I did not give them to her sooner. One word: messy!
The boys were in a Karate tournament a few weeks ago. As you can see from these firs two pictrues, they were fierce, focused competitors.

Joey did awesome! His age group still gets help with their forms but he could have done it without any help.

You can not see it but this is his freestyle weapons form. He was really happy to do it!

If you can zoom in on his face in the mirror, he has a serious hiya going on.
On to Jon. This depicts Jon's attitude for most of the competition. The man standing next to him is the director of our studio and the one in Carrollton. He is a nice guy (trying to become a master in Taekwondo, he is a 5th degree black belt now) and was finally able to get Jon to do his form.
This is Jon after his weapons. He was more excited about this one.

Mr. Carranza is the man in this picture helping jon and this other boy do a sparring sequence. Mr. Carranza is our teacher and the boys do really well with him. He has three girls similar ages to our kids.


Medals! This made it all worth it. All of the kids get a medal and there are no places.

Jon was sure glad he chose to stand up and do something so he could get his medal.


Oh he is proud of himself!

Such handsome Karate Kids!




Alright, now I will go and get some things done!

4 comments:

Kelsey Booth said...

I love those days you decide to do something you enjoy rather than what you are supposed to do :) The kids look great. It is so fun to see them learning and developing in their activities.

Lindsey said...

good for you; maybe i haven't gotten anything done because of the snow! alas...boys are growing up and i just want to SQUEEZE arabella's thighs! what a precious little thing!

Amy C. said...

I love all these pictures of the kiddos - they are so cute and we sure miss them! Hailey and Kelcie just ooooed and ahhhed when we saw Arabella! Give them all a hug and a squeeze from us!

Nicki said...

Shellie, I have sad news about one of our fellow nursing students, Brenda Toone, if you haven't heard already. Email me at nickinjordan@hotmail.com and I'll tell you what happened.