Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Getting Out

I decided to take the kids downtown to the Children's Museum today. We did not have long to stay due to work and Relief Society things but we had a good time while we were there.
Joey my little spider!


She loved to drive the truck.
Suprisingly the water only kept there interest for a few short minutes.

This was the baby (0-2years) area and Arabella was not all that impressed by it. She wanted to be where her brothers were.
It happened to be Engineers Week this week and so there were extra display tables set up with engineering related activities. Here the boys had a great time making marshmallo and toothpick structures. Joey says his was so strong because he used so many sturdy beams. Arabella was frantically signing more because she wanted the marshmallows. I gave her a few to eat!

Yes, Jon was amazed by this big dinosaur.


Let me out!

Trying to make ping pong balls fly on the jets of air.

I wish you could see the awesome colors in these rocks with the black light on but it did not work in the picture. The boys were impressed.
Joey's favorite part, I believe. It was a roller coaster with golf balls.

Roller Coaster Part 2

Ski Jump golf balls.

Wow, a mammoth skeleton.

Jon and Joey were quite amazed by this "hugemongous" (as Jon would say) shark. Really an aquatic dinosaur.

What a sculpture. Do you like the mammoth size snowball someone put there?
All in all we had a great time! I did not get lost going there or getting home and I got all of my stuff done for RS and a short nap before work. A pretty good day!
I suppose I could have done some house work but really it is overrated!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

we love that place! did you get a membership? it's great in the summer, however, the place looked empty! it's not typically like that. so glad you had fun!