Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snowstorm Pictures and a puppy!

Monday, I posted about all of the rain. Well, it was an impressive amount of rain but early Thursday morning it began to snow. And it snowed all day leaving an impressive amount of snow. School was cancelled Thursday and Friday.
Thursday morning looking out our front door after about 4 hours of snowfall.
Looking out our back door Thursday morning.

We of course had to go out and play. Arabella was more excited than I expected to get out there and see what this stuff was all about. That is until she face planted it in the snow.

Friday morning out our front door. You can not see the branch that broke on the tree on the right from the weight of the snow. Sad.

I called and told Peter he needed to come home a bit early from work so he could play with the kids in the snow. I had begun to build a snowman with them but dad helped finish it. Joey and I spent a good amount of time clearing the snow off of the trampoline. It was seriously sagging.

Isn't Jon such a cute boy?! He was most excited to help daddy.

The finished product. I let Arabella hold the carrot for awhile and she ate part of it. Silly girl.

Peter felt we needed a family pet, so here is our puppy! Isn't it amazing? He did an awesome job on all of it. The snow was great for packing and sculpting. It was really wet.

Yes, the dog's back leg is up-Peter says it is potty trained.
All in all we enjoyed the snow and the roads did not really ice over, thankfully!

2 comments:

Kelsey Booth said...

When I read the title of your post I thought you got a real dog, but I love this one! Pete is so talented :)

Rachel Biesinger said...

Shellie & Peter, I miss you guys! I had to check out your blog and see what you're up too. Sounds like you are doing well and having fun!

Love,
Ray