Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Garbage Truck

The boys had a Halloween party at their Tae Kwan Do studio. It was a fun afternoon.
First there was a costume parade with boys under 10 and girls under 10. Jon wanted to be a count again this year, he has a great laugh for it. Joey wanted to be a garbage tuck! He actually wanted to be several different Thomas engines none of which really seemed possible. So, when he suggested a garbage truck Peter agreed. Peter was able to make most of the pieces before heading to Texas. I spray painted them and did the final assembly.
Joey won the contest. The sign reads: Rabner Rubbish Removal.

He will collect the candy in the can in his hands and then lift it up and dump it in the chute over his head. It goes down the chute and into the big box on his back. It is held on by a backpack that we threaded the straps through the box.


This it he cake I made for the cake walk. Nothing too fancy. I actually made two thinking, I have two kids participating so I should contribute two. Well they each tried to win 4-5 times and no winning! We went home and made more cupcakes and that was good enough. The other highlight was bobbing for apples-completely unsanitary but Jon would not put his face in so he just used his hands. Joey was able to get the apple using his teeth by catching the stem. He was so proud of himself. We have school Halloween parties on Thursday and a ward Trunk or Treat on Saturday! Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Kelsey Booth said...

Love the garbage truck! Pete told me about it today and I couldn't wait to see it.

TCThalman said...

You have such cute kids Shell. I am so glad to claim them as family. I can't wait until I get to come and spend some time with you and them.