Thursday, October 22, 2009

Disneyland Part 1

My parents took me and the kids to Disneyland for one last trip before we moved. We were sad that Daddy could not come. I will have to do this in 2 posts because there are so many cute pictures. We drove down on Sunday and came home late Tuesday night. These pictures are all from Monday and Tuesday.

The Jungle Cruise Ride


Jon posing in Tarzan's treehouse. He explored this while Joey and I went on Indiana Jones. Joey was tall enough to ride but I don't know that he liked it all that much.
Pirates of the Carribean. Arabella was happy to be out of the stroller and seeing something new.

Joey was such a good sport for the whole trip. He was helpful and stayed by us really well!

Pirate Jon, arrgh!

Arabella is always putting her feet and legs up. People were smiling and laughing to themselves while she was doing this so I had to take a picture. What a silly girl!

One of my favorite places to get a treat in Disneyland is the store by Splash Mountain and the Winnie the Pooh ride. I took the kids in to get something. Joey chose this amazing caramel apple, Jon picked a chocolated covered pretzel with sprinkles, and I had a delicious marshmallow stick covered in chocolate, caramel and cashews, yummy! Arabella ate one of Mickey's ears and loved it!
As we came off of Splash Mountain, my dad and Jon were at the front of the line to get pictures with Winnie the Pooh and friends. We lucked out! Jon thought it was great, Joey was a bit shy and embarassed, and Arabella did okay with the characters except Tigger. He made her nervous.



Jon was asleep. This was the easiest picture to get, no line!

Arabella loved It's a Small World. She clapped and laughed and just could not seem to quite take it all in.

Cute of my family but we missed out on Mickey's amazing pumpkin ears.

This is a horrible picture because we took it at nigth but Mickey is done in all oranges, yellows, reds and whites. He has a party hat on and there are huge flower mickey balloons on each side. The theme is all about Celebrateing.

Goofy looks great! We were the last picture that he was out for!

Joey chillin' in the fire truck.

Titan's merry-go-round in California Adventure. Grandpa and I rode California Screamin', a great roller coaster!

Some pictures of the renevations they are doing at California Adventure. They have drained the water that was in the middle and are installing Bellagio style fountains to do a water and light show kind of like Fantasmic focused on the Colors of Disney. There will also be a new Little Mermaid ride and something to do with Cars. Jon wanted to go down and see what the workers were doing.

You can not tell that well but I am soaked!! Joey loved the Grizzly River Run so we went twice, the line was not very long. I faired better the second time but the first ride I was drenched.

Jon and his Cars buddies.

Joey and Grandpa and their Cars buddies.

Arabella sleeping really well in her stroller but yes her leg is up again. She usually had that leg up on that "window" or the bar right there as we walked around. What a funny girl!

Bugs Life bumper cars

Jon had just hit his head so we were trying to make sad bug faces.

Jon had so much fun getting wet! We could ring the water out of his shirt by the time we finished. Arabella got an entire outfit change and Joey soaked the front of his shirt but they had fun!
Mickey actually had no line! He looks great all set for harvesting his candy corn fields.

I loved the candy corns in the palm trees.

My parents got sprayed with water during the parade. I wished I would have centered them better but I spun around really fast trying to capture the moment. It was really funny and they were so suprised.

I loved the guys swinging, you can't see them that well but they have a fun job there is no way around it.

There were to people swinging around on poles for Toy Story and you can see the one really well in this picture. Again a really fun job!
This was how we ended our Disneyland experince. I have so many fond memories of that place with my family. It is part of who I am really. My mom loves Disneyland and my dad loves it because she loves it so for me it is part of what I admire about my parents marriage. They share in each others interests and dreams. I have already told Peter that whether it is Disneyland or Disney World (being in Texas it is almost equal) we will be going again in the not too distant future.

2 comments:

TCThalman said...

Can't wait until we can go to Disneyland. I want to go before Parker turns three so he is still free. Looks like you guys all had a lot of fun.

Lindsey said...

oh, how fuN! You brought all the memories back! You look fantastic!!! Talk to you soon and I'm so glad you have a fun last little triP!