Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Egg Hunt and Conference












Saturday night I took the kids to an Easter Egg Hunt while Peter was at the priesthood session of conference. It was held at the recreation center by our house. There were games and of course the egg hunt. They had a great time. Jon won a stuffed animal in the egg hunt and Joey picked eggs that seemed to be packed with candy. It was fun to watch the madness of kids racing and trying to get the eggs in their baskets. I saw plenty of kids pick up the egg and while looking for the next egg try to drop the first in the basket and it would fall to the ground again. We are having a ward hunt this coming Saturday and I am looking forward to it.
There are also two pictures of the boys outside on conference Sunday. We don't normally let them play in the sandbox on Sunday but it was a beautiful day and they played so well together. Jon came running into the house and retreived the fly swatter so he could get the bees. He was waving it with all of his might trying to get them. He has made me laugh so hard the last few days. Jon patted his bum the other day while they were playing and Jon screamed back that his "bum is not a drum." Then I was holding Arabella and he was playing with her and she spit up all over him, just missing his open mouth. Then while the missionaries were here on Sunday they showed us a video and at one point there was a shot of a bust of Christ and I pointed to it and said to Jon, "Look it's Christ." He turned to me and seriously said, "No that is his dad." And finally tonight for Family Home Evening we did the Easter in an Egg thing (the story of Christ's crucifixion broken into parts with an object and placed in plastic eggs). When it was done Jon said to me and showed true sadness, "I miss Jesus." You just have to love kids!
Joey has been such good boy lately. He is quick to help and do what we ask. Today he was doing some pages in his homework book and they were all about numbers. He decided to work on his addition, he got a piece of paper and was writing things like 5 5 4 and then he would tell me that 5 plus 5 plus 4 is fourteen. He loves to learn! I am happy to report that his attention span seems to be increasing and he is absorbing even more information than usual.
Arabella, is just doll! Her brothers shared their colds with her and so she has been coughing and has quite the runny nose. In just the last two or three days she has begun to grab at just about anything I am holding. That means we are entering the fun time when you can not really hold them and eat at the same time. She loves to lay on her back and kick and swing her arms. She also likes to sleep with her blanket over her face. At first, I was of course unnerved by this but now it does no good to take it off because she just pulls it back up.
I am sure I will post some more pictures this week. It is Spring Break and I am going to try to take the boys to a different park each day. Today we went to the Butterfly Park and the new park just on the other side of a hill there. They are two great parks and they are back to back. The weather was beautiful but I of course forgot the camera.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

love that she pulls the blanket up! friend's baby would ONLY sleep when head was covered! enjoy spring break!!! our's went by WAY too fast!

TCThalman said...

I love seeing the boys and arabella growing up so fast. We like the bum is not a drum comment. The boys are so funny. Can't wait until we see you.