Sunday, April 26, 2009

Real Food




















This is Arabella here. I am taking over for mom to write this post. I finally got my parents to feed me some real food. I have been trying to let them know I wanted some by pulling at their plates and cups and reaching for their food. Well, last Sunday they figured it out. But what do they give me? That's right, rice cereal!? I am going to guess they have not tasted it before or do not remember it from their childhood because if they did they would know that it is quite bland. I have learned to eat it though and they have realized that I may not have teeth but I can gum things, so they are not making it a soup anymore but an actual cereal like consistancy. Mom was totally awesome and let me suck on her watermelon last Monday for FHE. I am definitely loving the treat part of that family activity. Dad, being overprotective like usual, told mom she was going to ruin me by giving me something so sweet and I would never want veggies. Well, tonight they let me try some carrots and they were quite tasty. I even grabbed the spoon and pushed it into my mouth a few times because mom was being slow. I have watched Joey and Jon eat for awhile now and I know that there are wonderful foods to come!



1 comment:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Oh that is so fun that she has started eating real food. Funny thing about that is we have a friend with a baby a few weeks older than Bells and his mom is a bit crazy and freaks out if we pretend to let him lick something...she thinks its going to kill him or something. Then I told her about us letting Ali try ice cream at 2 weeks and she about died... it was pretty funny. I guess she has not been around very many babies in her time... Glad ya'll are doing well. How is the job searching going for Pete?