Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Prophet said...


To plant a garden! On Friday I was so excited by how beautiful the weather was I decided I would take the kids to buy some flowers and plant them. When I arrived at Home Depot I noticed there were vegetables out and we should plant our garden. Last year, we planted our garden the first week of March but I decided it was close enough. We made two more stops to buy plants and Peter went on Saturday to buy a few more but, we got it planted. Peter did most of the planting but I helped supervise the waterers (aka Joey and Jon) and helped decide where to plant what. We are trying a new layout.



A few weeks ago Joey asked if we could plant watermelon this year. We decided why not give it a try ?! This is a picture of Jon by our planted seeds. Joey planted watermelon seeds and Jon planted canteloupe seeds. We are also going to plant our beans and peas this way initially. I just wanted to share our wonderful garden news. We will pray for our little garden to grow and bless us as wonderfully as it did last year!


3 comments:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Oh Shell that looks like much fun ya'll had this past weekend. I am going to miss living near mom and dad this summer and all of the fresh veggies.

Lindsey said...

yea! i need to do that... just add it to the list! love jon's smile!

Kelsey Booth said...

I am going to try growing something in a big pot on my porch this year. I just love fresh veggis!