Monday, March 9, 2009

Letter U Preschool Snack

I signed up to take the snack to Joey's class today. I try to make the snack match the letter they are learning that day in class. Joey and I will talk about what starts with that letter and then go from there. The letter U is tricky. I actually did it last year too and we took cupcakes but made them like pineapple upside down cakes. This year we made umbrella shaped sugar cookies and the blue ones are raindrops (the big blue ones are just the last bits of dough made into an odd shape). The boys had a great time helping me decorate and were actually exceptionally good. Joey reported that his class loved the cookies. We had the leftovers for family home evening and took one to daddy at work on our way to the library. When we did our favorite things journal tonight this was mine and Joey's favorite part of the day!

2 comments:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

You are so creative. I hope when I am a mom I am creative like this also. We are so glad that ya'll found Pete's ring. After all said and done the story was pretty funny - mostly because why Jon said he burried the ring. That guy is so funny and loves Ben and Georgia so much.

Kelsey Booth said...

You are a super mom! I am so impressed that you don't just kick them out the kitchen so you can get it done. Your kids are awesome! Love ya!