Tuesday, March 24, 2009

30th Birthday and Family

I turned 30 on the 19th and it was a great day! Peter and the boys made me breakfast and I had flowers on the table. I had a great time running and then I took my kids to the park. It was the most beautiful day. My parents came down for the weekend, arriving on Thursday. Our ward's Relief Society Birthday celebration was that night and we did the performance of Women at the Well. I sang the song "He Came For Me" and held Arabella while I performed. She did a great job, not crying or making loud happy noises in the microphone. We had birthday cake when we came home. I had thought about making a posting of 30 things about me but I have not gotten around to it so just pretend you found it here.
On Saturday we played at a fairly new park. It has been open for about 6 months I think. It was a wonderfully windy day and so we took our kite and it flew great!

There is kind of a dinosaur theme to some of it and Jon thought these sharp spiky teeth were too cool.

My dad made a kite out of one of our Subway sandwich bags and a spool of kite string we found. He used some strings from the boys water bottles to stabilize it. Joey and Jon had a great time playing with Grandpa and Arabella really loved being held by Grandma. We loved our weekend. Peter took me to get some nice hiking boots for my birthday, in hopes that we will be able to get the kids out and do some more hiking soon.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

happy happy birthday! i'm so sorry i forgot! it looks like such a fun weekend!!!

Melinda McBride said...

Happy late birthday! It looks like you guys have had a lot of fun... i'm bummed we aren't with you guys to play! Alli keeps asking where Jon is. She will be thrilled to see you when you make it up this way next!!!