Sunday, September 30, 2018

July: Rabner Family Reunion Day 5

Wednesday we visited some more historical buildings,
 played some more at pioneer pass times,


 took a ride on an ox drawn wagon, 

 That is a load of kids and in a real pioneer family all of those kids (except the littlest ones) would have walked the whole way. 
But had I made that trek I would have been blessed each day with this man by my side.  
And if you did get to ride in the wagon for even a portion of the way, then you would have been blessed with this as your view for 1500 miles or so.

Samantha saw this statue and begged for a picture and dragged me over there when I was slow in making my way there. I hope she is always eager to rush to the Savior and seek him out. 
We had a great time at the county fair games that night before seeing the pageant. 
I wish I had a picture (but my phone died) but we ran into our friends the Lancaster's from the Lewisville 1st ward. They were a welcome site. It had been a bit of a long day with family and for me I was grateful to see some people who bring such love and joy to each of our family members lives. 
Family is hard but family is what this life is all about. I have spent a great deal of time pondering relationships and my role and purpose in my immediate family and extended family. My role is something that will change and I need to be ready to adapt to those changes. These changes will come in who makes up my family and in how their lives are affecting them. My sincere desire is to be able to follow the promptings of the spirit and have the bravery, patience and love to act or speak or to not act or speak so that I can bring love to my family. 

No comments: