Sunday, September 16, 2018

July: Rabner Family Reunion Day 4

I went for a run and as I walked out the door there was a family of deer right across the street. 

 It was one mile to the temple. 
 Sunrise over the fields. 
We took the boys to do baptisms for the dead this morning with most of the other adults and it was such a beautiful experience. 
 Nauvoo Brass Band before the play Just Plain Anna Amanda
 Making rope in the Pioneer Living Center
 We all had a great time on our wagon ride. They have the most beautiful teams of horses. 

 There is the gang minus a few who got cut off by the kind senior missionary taking the picture. 
 Pioneer Pastimes was a huge hit with all of the kids the whole week! 










 Baby Neeve was just 6 weeks old on this trip and so tiny- not even 7 lbs yet. She was adored by all and passed from person to person. Jon and Joseph were constantly taking her from whomever was holding her. It made my mother's heart so happy to see this and I pray that one day I will see them holding, loving, and cuddling babies of their own. 
 We stopped at an custard place in town and the kids all had some yummy custard but Peter and I shared this amazing bread pudding. It was photo worthy- I was proud I had enough self restraint to stop eating and take a picture. 







We went to the count fair that night before attending the pageant. We had so much fun! 
Thoughts from this day (the last day I took the time to record my thoughts, which makes me sad):
*Performing baptisms with my boys and Peter and his family was a beautiful experience.  The temple is so beautiful and full of heritage. The front was massive and the temple workers moved us along like a well oiled machine. 
*We all enjoyed the play Just Plain Anna Amanda.  The message that we are each important and valued just the way we are. And yet, I know the Lord is pleased with us as we strive to improve ourselves and follow Him. 
*We enjoyed hours of fun at the Family Living Center and Pioneer Pastimes. Early pioneers (and people of the 1800's) were incredibly industrious.  They had so many responsibilities each day just to sustain life but they found the time to have fun.
*The Nauvoo Pageant was so uplifting! Music, dancing, costumes, stories of hope and faith. All of this is done for the purpose of testifying; to testify of The Book of Mormon, the prophet Joseph Smith, and the great plan of happiness.  

No comments: