Wednesday, August 8, 2018

June: Summertime means Camps

The Sunday after the last day of school, Jon headed up to Oklahoma for a week of Scout Camp. 
He had a great time and felt it was a great way to start his summer. I don't have any pictures from his camp which is sad but I may try to track some down. 
The next week, Jon and Arabella spent 4 days at a Science and Cooking camp respectively, at the high school. I spent Tuesday through Friday night at our stake Girls' Camp serving as a nurse and lifeguard. I ended up not doing any lifeguarding because there were 3 other ladies there and they had it covered. I had a great time serving in the Nurse's cabin with Nicole Jones and a few other ladies who came for a day or two during the week. I laughed, provided care, talked, was sleep deprived at times and overall had a fantastic experience. 
 My ward was super nice and let me join them for the lip sync night. Such beautiful ladies! 



 My little cabin. We had bikes that we used to get around camp and it was a delight but I could not help but want to sing the "witch on her bike" theme song from The Wizard of Oz. 
I left on Friday night because Peter and I had an early flight the next morning. I hope I get to help again in the years to come. 

Joseph then left the Tuesday after I came home and was gone for 3 days on a backpacking high adventure trip in Arkansas. The boys hiked something crazy like 14 hours on the last day so they could come home a day early- they were moving! 

I am so thankful for the leaders and teachers who take time away from their homes and families to serve and teach my children. 

No comments: