Wednesday, August 8, 2018

June: Father's Day

I love that we get to celebrate our dads in June! And I especially love a chance to celebrate and try to surprise this guy!  
He is what holds our house together. He supports me, helps me, loves me and is the best dad to our children! 

He impressed the kids with his amazing pick up sticks. 
 We enjoyed dough boys for dinner and dessert. It was really hot that day but we still had fun around the fire making dinner. 
 Our other fun activity on Father's day was that we were able to release the butterflies that we raised from caterpillars. We enjoyed watching them turn into cacoons and then slowly emerge as butterflies. There was one that did not make it out of it's cacoon. This was a good lesson to me on how delicate and intricate this process really is and that there are things that can go wrong but most often it goes right and it is beautiful! 



No comments: