Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Decebmer 1st

I worked all night on the 30th and had not even changed from my scrubs when I took Lily to school. I was so tired, I was close to falling asleep at stoplights. Anyway, we pulled into the parking lot at preschool and I opened my door and heard a hissing noise. I had a one inch gash in my tire.
I hurried the girls into preschool and came back out and called Peter asking where I should go. He told me to stay put and he would come and change it.  It was good he did because it went flat so fast that I never would have made it to the tire store. 


 I slept for about 5 minutes while waiting for him to come. He then changed the tire all the while showing me, teaching me, and having me help with different steps.  He was patient and loving.  He was not flustered about the disruption to  his day.  I am not sure how I was blessed to have this man fall in love with me and ask me to marry him, but I am grateful EVERY day for him! 
 Later that night we had Peter's work party and as always it did not disappoint. 
We ate at Chuy's this year and it was delicious and the atmosphere was really fun. 
Corrine Nelson (the boss' wife and my running friend) always gets the kids a Christmas gift.  It is so kind and generous of her.  The kids were thrilled with what they were given. 
 The next day, my afternoon was happy and calm with these scenes thanks to her thoughfulness. 
Jon building his Star Wars Lego set. 
 Shopkins for these 3. 
Samantha actually got new playdoh and we have played with it and taken some of the tiny containers with us to meetings and some school volunteering things. It has kept her so happy- simple pleasures. 
Joseph is looking forward to getting some new books with his gift card to Barnes and Noble.  He is such a bookworm - it is wonderful! 

No comments: