Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Girl Time

A few months ago, I hatched a plan to send these boys up to Utah by themselves to spend a week with Grandparents and cousins and aunts and uncles before meeting us in South Dakota for the Bird Family Reunion. Peter is wonderful and supportive and so I drove them to the airport and walked them to the gate and stayed until they had boarded the plane. It was a bit crazy! 
 This boys were missed but we were determined to have fun! 
 We did perler beads- emoji design by Arabella!
 We spent a morning playing at a splash pad. 
The boys are good sports about going to these sorts of places but they are getting a bit old for them too- especially Joseph- so we had a good time. 
 I do not have a good picture of the splash pad- but it is really nice and right next to it is a great playground. 
We met up with our friends the Maas' and played at the park and then enjoyed lunch at Chick-fil-A. 
We love getting together with them! Old friends are the best! I am so grateful for their friendship! One of these days we will come to Baton Rouge to see them there. 
 After lunch we headed for the American Girls Store. 



 They loved it and I did too. There are so many adorable things and the attention to detail is amazing! 
 When we left the store I realized the temple was not far away.
It was worth the short drive- but we did not stay long because it was soooooo HOT by then!

 I loved my time with these girls. 
I realize that my boys are growing older and it will not be long before they are out of the house and then it will just be the girls. But I am really loving my kids and the stage we are at. 

No comments: