Friday, July 22, 2016

Catching Up- Father's Day

The man, the myth, the legend...Peter Rabner!
This man means so much to me it is hard to describe. He does more than he is asked; he comes home from work and steps right in to help with dinner, kids, or household stuff; he works hard to provide for us; he loves to do calculations; he goes along with my crazy ideas; he supports my dreams; he loves me for all of my good and my not so good; he laughs and plays and lets the kids climb all over him; he loves the gospel and scriptures; he is quick to serve others and will drop just about anything to do it; he loves scouts; he has wonderful dreams that will bring lasting happiness for himself and our family. 
 This is a picture taken after he helped my widowed friend change her flat tire in a pouring rain storm (like overflowing gutters and water over his foot when he stepped into the parking lot) after a church meeting I attended with her. He did not hesitate to come to the church with his air compressor in tow to fix the tire and help her out. 
 Some much needed pool time with the family the day before Father's day. 
 Someone pointed out to me how Peter and Joseph are posed the same. Proud Dad of his 5 wonderfully crazy kids. 
 His amazing garden with a monster sunflower (9 ft 4 inches). The stem cracked a few days after this picture which I am so glad we took. 
 Beautiful sisters and flowers. 
 His father's day feast: Zucchini con Carne and grilled corn on the cob. 
We love you dad/Peter!

No comments: