Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Time Out For Women Atlanta 2015

I am so lucky because Peter agreed to let me use more of his frequent flyer points and go for a weekend in Atlanta with his sisters, Kelsey and Lindsay and attend Time Out For Women. 
Why is there a picture of an airline snack you ask?
That is the picture of the snack we were given after being on the plane for 2 hours but still sitting on the runway at Dallas Lovefield Airport. In total by the time we made it back to the gate, the same one we departed from, it had been 3 1/2 hours.  We had a bunch of weather issues but in the end when the weather cleared we were told we no longer had enough gas to safely make it to Atlanta and so the flight was being cancelled. 
 Peter, the expert traveler, got on the phone in a jiffy and had my flight switched to one fairly early Friday morning. The positives in the situation were: a read a great deal of my book, I was able to sleep in my own bed, and the kids were surprised to see me in the morning and they enjoyed the donuts I bought them for breakfast. 
 Friday night at the Conference.
We finally were all together. We did a little kid-free shopping and had a yummy linner (in between lunch and dinner). And then, we were spiritually fed by some great speakers and beautiful music.
 Saturday, we had a great day at the conference; again being spiritually uplifted and inspired. 
After the conference we had super yummy gourmet snoballs and made a stop at IKEA. 
Then, I had to hop on a flight back home- all good things much come to an end. 
I sure love my in-laws! These are great women (we were sad Megan could not make it) and I feel so blessed to count them as sisters. I love talking with them and laughing with them and journeying through life with them. 

No comments: