Saturday, March 14, 2015

Snow Days

I really thought we were going to make it this winter without any snow but I was wrong, more than once. We ended (right, it better be over) with a total of 3 snow days from school- 2 in February and 1 in March. It was really icy the one weekend. 
The kids played in the snow and played with neighbors. 
We used the fireplace a bunch- wonderful!
Peter traveled for a good portion of the one storm but we managed and he was safe.
Lots of hot chocolate was consumed!


Lily did not really want to play in the snow but wanted to play with "snow" inside. She wanted to play with shaving cream. You betcha- let's just keep everybody happy!
 Peter loves the snow and chopping firewood and building fires and I believe shoveling snow. He does not mind being a bit cold. I love that man!

 This was actually on the first snow day. Sure Jon, make some snow angels...
in the middle of the street! 
At least most people are too scared to drive so there was very little traffic. Notice my kids footprints are the only tracks out there. 



They all loved it! I loved the fires and the hot chocolate and even some time at home with my kids with all activities (school, practices, lessons, etc) cancelled due to the weather. 
Snow days are not all bad. Plus, I will always remember the time I drove on slightly icy roads but definitely snowy early in the morning with Amanda Barrett for an hour to receive live training from Sister Rosemary Wixom, General Primary President. The storm would have had to have been much worse to keep me from that meeting. 

No comments: