Thursday, September 26, 2013

Joey is 10!

Yesterday was this great boys 10th birthday!
He wanted bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Dad also made famous pancakes which Joey was more than happy about.
Dad also surprised him at lunch and brought him a cheeseburger and milkshake and ate lunch with him.
He wanted healthy treats for his class so I took apple slices and carrots. He was really happy about it!
 
 He is an obedient and kind kid. He is working so hard to learn all he can and to make others happy.
He is getting close to his 2nd degree black belt and is now a Weblos in Cub Scouts.   He is becoming a pretty good piano player.  I can count on Joey to do what I ask him to do.  
I am thankful for him each day.
 We had his favorite dinner of sloppy joes and went for ice cream at Braum's for dessert.
We are doing birthday cake on Saturday for his birthday party. It will be a Peter creation for sure!
 His presents consisted of lots of books which makes him so happy.  He also got new socks that are not tight around his foot and new pants and shorts.
 The highlight and what Peter says made us cool parents was the Bullzord from Power Rangers. 
He now has everything to make the gigazord which he made this morning- intense! 
But this fun maze ball made us all happy.
The tender moment of the day for me came when we gave him some money my parents had sent.  Peter told him he could put it all in his fun money and he said that he wanted to put it all in his mission fund since it costs a lot of money and he really wants to go.  Peter reassured him that he would be able to go no matter what and that he could use it as fun money. I pray all the time that Joey will be able to work through some of his challenges and that he will be able to become the missionary he longs to become.
I love you Joey!

2 comments:

Jana Clegg said...

Loved reading about his day! We love Joey! He is becoming an amazing young man.

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

What a cute guy. I still remember the day he was born and I had my mom's cell phone at school and was waiting for a call that my first nephew had been born. I was in physics when the call came. I cant believe that we forgot to call and wish him a happy birthday day. sorry joey. Happy birthday!! We sure love you man!!