Sunday, September 8, 2013

Dallas Museum of Art

Last Saturday, (I am playing a bit of catch up) we took the kids to the Dallas Museum of Art.
I wanted to go because they have some Ancient Greek art on display that is on loan from a British Museum.  It was amazing to see some of those statues, vases, and figurines. They were a very talented people. 
You could not take pictures in the Greek exhibit and so I did not think to take pictures for a long time.  
This halographic light bulb was Jon's favorite piece.  They also enjoyed the chair made from stuffed panda bears.
Peter enjoyed the many different pieces of furniture.  There was a chair by someone famous that I don't remember but he was amazed. The brown chair behind him is made from cardboard.
Lily is posing with the Chihuly blown glass in the background.
I really enjoyed seeing the silver pieces but this bed was pretty impressive.
There was a section dedicated to china ware and even a few pieces of tupperware. I took a picture of the teapots because they made me think of Peter's mom- she loves teapots. 
They built a platform over a freeway by the museum and put a park on it.  We played for a bit but it was really hot even in the shade. 
It was probably not the most fun thing we did this summer.  But, I reminded the kids that Dad and I had wanted to see it and we were nice enough to bring them along, that and they were all free so it made sense. 

No comments: