Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pre Utah Trip

Before we left for Utah, my mom and sister, Malisa, came down on Tuesday.
The kids, my mom and I left for Utah via car on Thursday morning and my sister flew home that morning. 
We LOVED having them visit and made sure we had most of our packing done so we could do some playing while they were here.
We took them to the Dallas Zoo.
The monorail was closed by the time we got there due to the heat but we were still able to see alot of animals and ride the carousel. 
 There is a newer program/exhibit at the zoo where they bring out different animals and teach about them and even let you touch them.  This has been a hit with my kids. We also had to show off the Okapi-middle picture above. It is the only relative to the giraffe-longer neck and prehensile tongue. But it has zebra stripes. 
We also played in the water and climbed in the play tunnels in the naked mole rat exhibit.
We finished our visit with a spin on the carousel. I loved watching my mom ride the ostrich.  It was really funny and made me think of "The Swiss Family Robinson" ostrich riding moments.
We then met Peter at BJ's Brewery for a yummy dinner!
Wednesday we spent the morning at the Arboretum. It was so beautiful!
There were little houses made out of flowers that looked like houses from Alice in Wonderland. We also had a picnic and enjoyed the beautiful weather.
In the afternoon, we did some shopping at the outlets.  For dinner we had yummy ribs. The rest of the night was spent packing and loading up the car for an early morning departure. 
It was a great 2 days and I am so thankful I had the chance to spend time with my mom and Malisa.

No comments: