Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Adventures with the Thalman's Part 3

Sunday while the Thalman's were visiting we attended church.
That night we had a few friends over for a breakfast for dinner meal- yummy waffles and bacon- and then games. We laughed and laughed and had a great time spending time together.

New Year's Eve Carla and I did some shopping together.  I love to shop with my mom and sisters. I don't even need to get anything, I just love the time spent walking around and seeing different things and laughing and remembering. We found some great after Christmas items at Target. 
Then Carla took me, Arabella and Addy to get pedicures.  This was my first pedicure and I could definitely do it again. Arabella was a bit nervous at first but loved it in the end. 
When we got home, we sent the husbands to Rudy's to enjoy dinner without the kids.
We let the kids stay up until about 9:30 and then we had treats, drank sparkling apple juice, made lots of noise with noise makers, and watched the fireworks on youtube from Austrailia. 
Joey was so sad that we were not going to let him stay up until 12 so I promised I would come and wake him up.  We adults headed to bed at about 11:15 after a movie. I decided to stay up and read and then wake Joey up.  I began to try waking him at 11:57 and gave up at 12:01.  He would not wake up! 
I knew he would be sad, I just did not realize it would occur at 5:09 am when he woke up and realized he missed it. Jon came to get us saying that Joey was crying really loud for us. I explained to Joey what had happened and that he needed to calm down and go to bed.  At about 6:45 am, I found Joey down stairs with red puffy eyes still upset about the whole thing. We finally came to an agreement that next New Year's Eve we would have him take a nap during the day so he would be able to stay up.  He then spent the next hour trying to calculate just how long of a nap he would need to take to make up the difference. 
Oh Joey, I love you and your amazing little mind!

 Pictures from our early New Year's celebration.
Final farewells, with cousins. We got a few more video games in too before they left. 
We loved having them visit and hope they come again some day!
Hopefully someone else out there will see how fun it is here in Dallas and choose to come visit! ;)

No comments: