Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Regional Track Meet 2012

Jon had his final track meet of the season last Saturday.  It was in Stephenville- 2 hours away.  
It was a lovely drive.  I spent the time playing with our new camera.  I have a lot of pictures that I will not be posting of Peter sticking his tongue out. 
 Lily is the funnest one to take pictures of.
 Wow, dad you are so good at that game, even Lily is in awe!
 My sweetie pie, with a bit of sass to her!
 Jon is excited and ready to go.
 I had to work to get Joey to smile semi- normal but I got it.
 Why are we out in this bright sunshine?
 It is so hot, take me back to the shade.
 Jon in the 100 meter. He is the one in the back.
 Go Jon!
 Go, go!
Don't stop! 
 Finish strong!
 The end is in sight!
 Way to go Jon! (He is in the 8 and under age group which means he is competing with kids that will be nine in January).  He was awesome and loved to run, no matter what place he took! This is a big thing for him.  He used to get so upset in taekwondo if he lost a game! I love to see my kids learning important life skills!
 I posted this picture purely for the kid standing next to Jon- nice pose!
 Jon is showing you his fast hands!
 He is so ready to race!
This was the 50m which is only run by the 8 and under age group! 
He did great and we were so proud of him!
We rewarded the whole family with a trip to Dairy Queen!
I do believe we will do track again next summer even if it is super hot!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Way to go, Jon! Um, why do they have track right in the middle of the blazing hot summer?

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

I am so glad that Jon has found something he loves doing. How fun. And wow Joey's hair seems more red to me in these pictures. love it.