Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Walking to School

So as gas prices were climbing (now they are dropping some), I decided it was time to walk the boys home from school as often as possible.  The school is just over a mile round trip from our house, not far.  This would also mean not much gas but I get to sit in the pick up line for awhile or I park unbuckle Arabella and pack Lily in car seat (or unbuckle her too), get boys, buckle kids, wait to get out of parking lot, ... you get the idea.  Arabella loves it when we walk, Lily gets some good vitamin D and I somehow feel like I am saving money because of gas (plus exercise is always a bonus!). 
This is our walk.
 Load girls and walk out of garage, turn right down one house and turn right again.  
 Walking to the end of our alley.
 Turn Left down Castle Rock.
 Pass beautiful magnolia tree.
 Turn right down Nightingale.
 At the end of Nigthingale, turn Left on Cascade Range.  The school is just past the wood fence.
 School playground.
 The Texas shaped paving stone in the flower bed that the 3 older kids step on every time we walk.
 Jon is here!
 Joey is here!
 We then head home with a few differences.  Jon likes to run about a half a block ahead of us and then stop and wait for us.  Then when we come to this little retaining wall just before our alley the kids walk along it.  
Today Arabella was sporting her yellow and pink dress up shoes.
 She also picked a dandelion and wished she could be just like her mommy as she was blowing it (honest!).  I am glad I had the camera with this idea in mind so I could capture that precious memory.
 Today we will have popsicles, do some homework, make cards for teacher appreciation week and then spread some soil (I wish you could hear Arabella say this) on the freshly tilled yard.  
Peter took the morning off so he could work on that little project. Looking good!
I hope your days are filled with as much sun, routine, and happy children as mine. 
Oh and Lily dumped the guinea pig food out and was trying to eat it while I was typing this.  She is her own sort of natural disaster nowadays. 

No comments: