Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day (and Lily 9 months)

I hope all women everywhere were treated to something nice today- whatever that may have been.
I was treated to breakfast made by the kids and dad including the special cup.  I also was given 2 beautiful cards made by the boys.  Arabella is making her card right now.  I also got just what I asked for which was new shower gel from Bath and Body Works.  
My parents sent me a new shirt and sweater which I was happy to wear to church today. 
My In-laws sent me a beautiful new Willow Tree statue.  
And finally, I had my traditional corsage, which as documented in the photo below Lily did a great job pulling apart.  Half of it was missing by the time we returned home from church.



And since my photos do not want to cooperate, I will just continue on.  
Lily is 9 months old and moving like crazy.  She has been crawling for about 3 weeks but she is able to pull herself up now and finds all sorts of things to get into. 
She keeps life interesting.  
Points of interest: Weight: 17lbs 14oz  Height: 27 inches
2 teeth
Sleeps through the night
Will take a bottle but prefers to nursing without a doubt.
Ate 2 pancakes for breakfast this morning.
If the music is just right she will bounce up and down.
She dumped the guinea pig food container out the other day and was trying to eat it. 
She also attempted to eat dog food a week ago.
She is able to recognize when dad has ice cream and knows if she goes to him, he will share with her.
She tried the stairs the other day and did not have much luck (meaning she got away and we did not know it and she fell down about 2/3 of the stairs- don't worry she was okay just really scared).
My favorite thing that she does is use her feet when she is lying on the floor playing.  She uses her feet and toes to help grasp things like books, papers, dolls, toys.  It is really funny! It is almost like she has a second set of hands or a bit like a monkey. 

I just wanted to have some video of Lily on the move.  She was getting tired so she did not really do too much but believe me she is a mover and a shaker!

No comments: