Thursday, May 17, 2012

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Arabella is obsessed with "hanitizer". 
Yes, hand sanitizer is just to long to say so she has shortened it to hanitizer.  I believe it is going to catch on.  I have already found myself saying it. 
She is drawn to it.  She sees it at stores, the school, home, wherever and she asks for some or helps herself to it.  I found her putting it on her feet the other day and she washed her dolls hair in it too.  I have told her that from now on she has to ask if she can have some.

 This morning I commented that we had so many flies and fruit flies in the house.  (We had a pack meeting/ court of honor combined meeting in our backyard last night and so the door was open a ton= flies.  The fruit flies must be from the pineapples and mangoes I had on my counter for a few days.)
Anyhow, Joey said, "Then, we should get a bullfrog."
Silly me, that is the most obvious answer. 
When I said I did not think a frog was the answer he recommended a venus fly trap.

I would like to point out that Jon tries really hard to sound things out and write them down.  His spelling is not so great because he is 6 and when he is sounding things out he adds some sounds.  But the other night he put booby traps on the stairs and marked them with signs on which he wrote booby traps.  Sweet boy,  he sounded it out and came up with "boob chrap".  It was a great sign to have at the bottom of our stairs where the front door opens for all visitors to be welcomed to our home with and warned about what awaited them if they journeyed up the stairs.

Finally, all of our children struggle with the word vanilla.  We had corrected them quite a few times but they each have a version of pronunciation.  But they all have one thing in common, they place an m sound where the n sound should be.  Vemilla, vamilla, vamealla (with an emphasis on the e sound).  At least I know what they are saying, right?

1 comment:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

wait shellie you dont want to add a bull frog to your family? i cant imagine why not hahaha! kids are silly. love them.