Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter (in 3 Parts)

Part One:
Since the girls and I were going to be gone for Easter Sunday, the Easter Bunny was really nice and came a week early.  He left a note that said that Easter was a time for family and remembering the Savior so we needed to celebrate together.
Jon striking a pose before the hunting begins. 


The Easter Bunny put different colored strings (one for each child) all over the house so they could find their basket somewhere along the way.
 

They had found the baskets and now it was time to find the eggs.
The infamous last egg to be found.
Joey found it.
Arabella was really sad that she did not find it.
Peter had been gone the whole week before- except for 6 hours Thursday night when he came home to sleep between flights. So the kids were thrilled to have some much needed Daddy time.
Lily was in on the action too!

Part Two:
The Saturday before Easter we had an Easter celebration at my parent's house. Everyone was there except my nephew Josh and my 3 boys.



Will chose to use a witch's cauldron instead of a basket.  It worked perfectly.  
I loved spending the day with my family. We took a picture of me and my siblings and parents since we were all there.  It was great to be with family and enjoy some great weather (especially since it snowed the day before)!

Part Three:
Actual Easter
We went to church with Peter's family.  
The girls were decked out in their new Easter dresses.
Trying to get a picture of all of us in front of Grandma's beautiful flowers was a bit of a trick especially since we were looking into the sun but we tried.  


Arabella was very nervous about going to a different primary but Grandma took her and sat with her for a bit and then all was well.  She even lucked out because she got a bag full of Easter treats. I was thankful for prepared Primary teachers that loved her and made her feel welcome. 
I hope everyone had an Easter that was filled with love, candy, flowers, sunshine and thoughts of our Savior.

4 comments:

Seamore Tomato said...

I love your skirt! Where did you get it? - Linda

Wendy said...

Did I totally miss your visit? I would've loved to have seen you! Hope you had a great time!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

fun. and wow moms gardens look so beautiful. i miss being able to see them. she always does such a good job with them.

rabnerfamily said...

I got my skirt at Old Navy on clearance about 2 months ago. But you might still be able to find it. I love it too- it has pockets!