Sunday, March 25, 2012

Homemaking

I ordered a case of apples from Bountiful Baskets and then I got an additional 10 lbs of apples in my baskets.  I needed to do something with them.
Well, this is what I did- apple butter (turned into more work than I anticipated) and pie filling. 

 Gratefully, they all sealed. I think the best part was that Joey helped me do most of it and he was a great helper.  I wish I had a picture of him helping.  He is always ready to help. 
 I had a sister at church today ask me for some parenting advice.  I wish I could have given her the perfect answer but I did tell her a few things that I have tired.  Most importantly, I tried to encourage her and let her know that she is not the only mom that has faced that challenge with her son.
 But, this interaction caused me to think about my stage of life.  I just turned 33.  I have been married for 11 and a half years.  I have 4 kids- boys and girls.  I am the Relief Society President.  This caused me to think about how other people see me.  I was flattered that she felt I might possess the wisdom she needed.  It  also caused me to question if I am living up to all I should and need to be? I do know that I have a great desire to be that person and I know that my Heavenly Father knows my heart and knows better than I, what I am capable of becoming.  I will trust in Him and pray.
I do know one thing- this girl is adorable! And, my kids are not clean eaters! Really, is there anything cuter than green beans in the hair and ear?!

No comments: