Friday, January 13, 2012

Warm Park and Freezing Zoo

So last Friday, it was in the upper 60's and gorgeous so I picked up the kids after school and we headed to the park! There could not be a better way to spend a day in January.We even had friends show up -unplanned- and so it was even more perfect.



 Then it rained for days off and on and became really cold.  I had promised to take Arabella to the zoo Tuesday and so even though it was drizzling/misting and you could see your breath, we loaded up and headed to Fort Worth Zoo.
A fair number of animals were inside but we found a few and since we were 3 of only about 12 patrons there that day I think the animals were glad to see us too.
 Cheetahs
 Kangaroo statue (the real ones were out)
Lily stayed warm zipped up in my coat and though she has a scowl I think she had fun.
We ate lunch by one of the windows in the cafeteria that is also a wall to an aquarium like pond and watched the turtles, gharials and fish.  I also learned something new:
Did you too learn something new?

No comments: