Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Date Nights

When I saw that Beauty and the  Beast was going to be in theaters again, I told Peter he was taking Arabella.  He did and she loved it! After we told her she was so excited to go to the movie "peater" (how she says theater) and get a drink and buttery popcorn.  They did  just that and she felt like a princess.  She fell asleep on the way home even though it was 7 pm- too much excitement for one young little princess heart!
Jon, wanted to know when he would get to go on a date.  I asked him what he wanted to do on a date and he said go shopping for toys- hmmm.  I said no to that but that he and I could go to dinner.  He liked that idea and he liked it even more when I told him we could go some place that serves shrimp.  I talked it over with Peter and Saturday night Jon took me to dinner.  I drove of course and my date had to ride in the back seat but he did pay (with money from Peter).  It was supposed to be his surprise that he was paying but while we were waiting for our food he suddenly got panicked and said wait, I did not pay and reached for his pocket.  I told him it was not time yet and then he was sad he had ruined the surprise.  I told him I was still surprised and explained how it works at a sit down restaurant and taught him how to say "check please" - which at first he thought meant they would bring him money and in that case he wanted "a hundred dollars no a thousand dollars."  It was really funny.  Thank you TGIFridays for having a 2 for $10 special that we each got and so we enjoyed a 3 course meal.  And walking around Toys R Us is the perfect end to a date with a 6 year old. Jon was a great little date and it was really good to have some one on one time with him.
Peter and I talked it over and we decided that we will rotate and so each month one of our children will get to have a date with one of us or both of us and we will get a baby sitter.  I hope we can stick to it.  Jon was ready for another date today! Silly kid.

No comments: