Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween 2011

Halloween festivities started for us on Friday.
After school we carved pumpkins.
 My kids did not want to use their hands to scoop out the guts so they tried to do it all with those orange carving scrapers- hands work better.
 Angry Bird design for Jon- he loves angry birds
 Rhinoceros design for Joey- he wanted a power ranger zord and we saw this which there is a rhino zord so this was good enough for him. 
 She wanted a girl. There are bows that you can not see very well but she was happy!
 Friday night we attended a Taekwondo party. 
Here is Princess Arabella aka Sleeping Beauty. 
(I made her costume. It turned out and I learned a few new things along the way.)
 I was Dora and Lily was baby jaguar.
 Wolverine- Jon
 Power Ranger-Joey
It was a fun night! Peter had a campout-he was missed.
 We don't have trunk or treats in our stake and so we decided to organize one on our own for our ward on Saturday night.  It was not too much work to plan but a bit long in executing the day of.  We had a really good turn out and there were some great costumes. If I decide to do one again next year I have a few ideas of how to make it better. 
 My favorite costumes of the night were: Flo the Progressive girl and her husband Mayhem; a lab rat and her husband was the Pied Piper with bagpipes and a kilt; and Jack from Jack in the Box the restaurant.
I did not get many pictures because I was running games and such but there was good food and fun!
 Finally, Halloween night came.  We ate Halloween Mac-n-cheese, thank you Kraft and Peter took the older 3 out to get some candy.
I had a good time passing out candy and Lily helped.  
An added bonus to our Halloween fun was that the boys had a contest at school to see which grade could bring in the most candy on Nov. 1st to be sent to the troops.  Brilliant! I let the kids pick 30 pieces and the rest went to school!

1 comment:

Kelsey Booth said...

I can not get over how big your kids are! I love bell's princess dress. You always do such a great job! Hugs :)