Monday, July 18, 2011

Baby To Do List

So I have 17 days until I deliver this baby but who is counting!
As with any other pregnant woman in the world, I am nesting. I have done my usual cleaning of things but a little more extensively and I find myself wanting to do some odd things. For example, the other day while in the shower I came awfully close to deciding that was the day to replace the caulk around the shower. I did not do it because it is better to have Peter do it, I may have done something wrong and he would end up doing it again anyways.

Anyhow I am sharing a few of the things on my to do list with you:
1. Stay cool by eating lots of popsicles and shaved ice!
2. Keep the kids happy and cool by playing with the hose in the yard and swimming at friend's pools regularly.
3. Play at the zoo or museum or Bass Pro Shop to see the fish for something different to do when it is 102 or higher outside.

4. Lose a tooth- well that was on Jon's to do list. For me, I needed to get him to the dentist to get a chipped tooth fixed. Peter ended up being the lucky one to take him and the other two kids while I was at 2 doctor appointments of my own.
5. More staying cool when it is too hot!
6. Eat ice cream when it is hot and share with Sasha if you are Arabella.
7. Get Arabella a big girl bed. She loves it and has done really well going to bed in it. She has not taken a nap since we got it but oh well.
8. Paint the boys room. This was a project that took a week but we are all happy with how it turned out.
9. Have a baby shower. We had a duo shower for me and my 1st counselor who is delivering a boy 3 days before me. So much Fun!
10. Fulfill traditions. We have eaten at a new restaurant just before the births of each of our kids. This time we ate at Hard Eight a delicious BBQ place by Peter's office. Yummy!
11. Wash baby clothes.
12. Pack diaper bag and my bag (this is not completed yet). I am taking both outfits to the hospital because I can not decide which to bring her home in.
13. Organize Arabella's closet- including sorting several bins of clothes .
14. Peter built and installed the shelves on the left in the girls' closet. They will be so handy!
15. I still need to finish organizing this room - although since taking this picture it has already had some work done. I still have 2 bins of boy clothes to sort and food storage to put away that I bought today.

16. We will be cleaning carpets this afternoon and evening.

17. I will be making freezer meals this week.

18. Peter and I will be going on a date Friday night to see Harry Potter.

19. Get out the car seat, swing, and bouncer and wash them (this is one that Peter has reminded me he could take care of if the baby did come earlier than already planned-he is the BEST!).

20. Continue to enjoy being pregnant, in case this is our last. I am trying to love my swollen feet. I do love feeling her kick and move- that is a great feeling.

Well, there you have it and I am glad that so much of it is done.

No comments: