Thursday, June 2, 2011

What a man...

What a man, what a mighty good man!
This post is dedicated to my amazing husband Peter.
Over the Memorial Day weekend Peter did this: killed squash bugs, sprayed for the same bugs, watered the garden, pulled weeds, mowed the lawn (and the drive belt was broken so he had to push the mower), redid some of the edges I had done, helped two different families move for a total of 6 hours, sanded wood blocks for my Relief Society meeting this Thursday night, picked up a produce co-op order with me, bathed Sasha, ran with Joey, Jon (on bike) and Sasha, installed the new ceiling fan in the boys room, fixed the broken toilet that led to fixing the broken valve in the shut off knob (the water that attaches to the toilet), rubbed my swollen feet more than once, took the family to get shaved ice, helped Jon teach family home evening, substituted in primary, worked on cub camp archery awards, helped make dinner on Sunday, folded laundry with me, did some home teaching, went to Sam's with the family (I had a list and I stuck to it so it was not that bad), proved to be a great Wii player again much to our boys amazement as we played together on Sunday night, and cut the boys hair.
Hands off ladies, he is mine.
I let him sleep in on Sunday morning until 9.
You may think, what was I doing? Well, I helped him where I could and had my own list of things to get done but there is no denying he is "a mighty good man". I am so grateful for a husband who works by my side to keep our house running and in order and more importantly helps me raise our children. Yes, I feel so very lucky to have him.
Peter, I love you!

2 comments:

rabnerfamily said...

And I've got the very bestest wife ever.

Lindsey said...

Oh, what a sweet post; it makes me so tired to just read it!!! love to Pete from The Ohio. :)